A dainty warrior maiden with a bad attitude.
A thrill-junky rogue who would rather face death than boredom.
A cute but scatterbrained sorceress with destructive tendencies.
A tree-hugging nature-priest who'd rather be back on the farm.
Together, they are going to save a kingdom from destruction...
...if they don't kill each other first.
Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon is a 3D indie RPG inspired in by classic CRPGs of the 80's and 90's and pen-and-paper gaming. The story is humorous, but the underlying game is an old-school style first-person perspective, turn-based RPG of an old-school style and flavor.
You play a party of misfit adventurers who begin on a deceptively low-key sounding adventure... to get a recommendation to join the Adventurer's Guild. Things escalate, as they always do, and they find themselves embroiled in a mystery that may involve the return of an ancient threat. Many great and famous adventurers are dying trying to discover what's really going on... but this bunch of losers, called "The Frayed Knights," might just be the heroes the world really needs... the wrong people at the wrong time.
This demo features the first dungeon and a short visit back to the village of Ardin.
The full version features:
* 30+ hours of gameplay with fun characters, plenty of (written) dialog, a comedic story and plenty of excitement.
* Old-school, turn-based combat. The game moves at your speed.
* An intriguing trap-disarming / lock-picking mini-game requiring the player to disable the device in stages, choosing his approach and targets based on character skills, the situation, and available tools.
* "Drama Stars" that provide significant, game-changing boosts to players who stick with the occasional bit of bad luck or less-optimal decisions.
* Sixteen dungeons, six outdoor areas. Lots of adventure.
* Some (lightweight) adventure-game style puzzles, and lots of alternative paths to accomplishing quests.
* It's the old-school flavor you've missed. Unless you didn't. In which case, it's awesome and new!
Free to try
Windows Server 2008