Do you miss that ol Windows XP Search Companion Software? It was very easy to use and 100% accurate. Kuriuz is that easy to use but so much faster. It can find files for you by file name, text inside the files, size or date modified.
Kuriuz File Finder Version 1.5 or later has the ability to scan your hard drive searching for the file you want. Or optionally you can turn on the Indexer and it will keep all files indexed for lightning fast searching.
It is very easy to configure, without endless configurations so it is very easy to use.
Here are some key features of Kuriuz File Finder:
* Search any file type or for faster performance customize the file types to search.
* Search by filename using wildcards.
* Search by file contents, single word or phrase.
* Filter by size and/or date.
* Turn the Indexing feature ON or OFF, you decide to search by disk scanning (accuracy) or by Index (speed)
* Improved search algorithm for fast searching without indexing.
* It integrates with file explorer (right-click menu).
Windows Server 2008
||- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista 7 (32 or 64 bit)
- .NET Framework: 4.0 or Higher (Windows PCs normally have this pre-installed)
- Hard Disk: About 20 MB for installation. An extra 50 MB for the file Index (version 1.5 and above)
- RAM Memory: At least 500 MB is recommended.
- Priviledges: For installing you may need an Administrative user account. For searching any user is ok, but restricted folders will not be searched.