Notepad3 is a fast and light-weight Scintilla-based text editor with syntax highlighting. Notepad3 is an replacement for the default Windows text editor. Theres nothing wrong with Windows Notepad, its lightweight and fast; however programmers and other text file users will all agree that it has definite limitations.
Notepad3 offers many extra features over Notepad. It has a small memory footprint, but is powerful enough to handle most programming jobs. Windows Notepad can easily be replaced by Notepad3 using an unobtrusive registry based method.
Some of the features include:
- Improved support for NFO and ANSI art.
- Auto indentation.
- Code folding.
- Bracket matching.
- Mark all occurrences of a word.
- Word auto-completion.
- Character encoding conversion between ASCII, UTF-8, and UTF-16 formats.
- Multiple undo/redo; rectangular block selection.
- Newline format conversion, between DOS (CR/LF), Unix (LF), and Macintosh (CR) formats.
- Regular expression-based find and replace.
- Support for bookmarks.
- Support for replacing Windows Notepad using a clean, unintrusive registry-based method.
Windows Server 2008,