The MarshallSoft "Secure Source Backup" (SSB) is a stand-alone Windows application program designed to create (256-bit AES) encrypted backups of source code and other critical files. In particular, SSB is optimized for uploading to cloud services such as Dropbox and OneDrive.
- Copies only files that have been changed since the last backup.
- Can specify files to copy or to skip using wildcards.
- Can ignore backing up entire subdirectories such as OBJ and BIN directories.
- Maintains file attributes and file time stamps for all files.
- Programmable using the Script Assembler for more complex backups.
- Can back up and restore hidden and read-only files.
- Can back up and restore files in multi-level sub-directories.
- Can back up and restore files in local storage devices such as internal & external drives.
- Can back up and restore files across local area networks.
- Can compress files to reduce storage space required,
- Can encrypt files using the 256-bit "Advanced Encryption Standard" (AES).
- The user maintains complete control of the encryption of files and the password phrase. Files are encrypted before uploading.
- Can disguise file & directory names independently of file content encryption.
- Can be run manually or automatically on a fixed time schedule.
- Maintains the same directory organization so that individual files can easily be restored.
- Uses an authorization file for decryption in addition to the password phrase file.
- The password phrase need be entered just once when creating the password phrase file.
- Encryption is unique for each customer even using the same pass phrase.
- Can backup to multiple destinations during a single backup run.
- Can verify backup volume names and volume serial numbers.
Fully functional 30 day evaluation version. SSB works with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
||Free to try
Windows Server 2008
||Windows XP or above