WavePad is a sound editor program for Windows. This software lets you make and edit voice and other audio recordings. You can cut, copy and paste parts of recording and, if required, add effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction.
WavePad is designed to be very easy and intuitive to use. Within minutes you will be able to open or record a file and edit it. But if you take time to explore the other features you will find many powerful tools designed with the professional sound engineer in mind.
A full list of WavePad's features follow but a quick way to try it out is to download and install now. You don't need to purchase and it only takes a couple of minutes to complete the process (click here to install). WavePad is free. We make WavePad free in the hope you will like it so much you will be tempted to upgrade to WavePad Masters Edition. The Masters Edition has additional effects and features designed with the professional sound engineer in mind.
1. Supports a number of file formats including wav (multiple codecs), mp3, vox, gsm, real audio, au, aif and more.
2. Edit functions include Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Insert, Silence, AutoTrim and others.
3. Effects include, Amplify, Normalize, Equaliser, Envelope, Reverb, Echo, Reverse, Noise Reduction, Sample Rate Conversion and more.
4. Supports sample rates from 6000 to 96000Hz, stereo or mono, 8, 16 or 32 bits.
5. Ability to work with multiple files at the same time in seperate screens.
6. Includes a CD ripper to load audio directly and quickly from CD.
7. CD Burner function allows you to burn your sound files to CD.
8. Player includes Scrub/Cue control for precise editing.
9. Recorder supports autotrim and voice activated recording.