Multi-Instrument is a powerful multi-function test and measurement virtual instrument software. It is a professional tool for time, frequency and time-frequency domain analysis. It supports a variety of hardware ranging from sound cards which are available in almost all computers to proprietary ADC and DAC hardware such as VT DSOs, NI DAQmx cards and so on.
It consists of the following instruments and functions.
(1) Oscilloscope: Dual-trace waveform, Waveform addition, subtraction & multiplication, Lissajous Pattern, signal recording, digital filtering, AM/FM/PM demodulation, reverberation & speech intelligibility analysis.
(2) Spectrum Analyzer: amplitude spectrum, octave analysis (1/1,1/3,1/6,1/12,1/24,1/48,1/96), frequency compensation, frequency weighting (A,B,C,ITU-R 468), peak hold, linear/exponential average, measurement of THD, THD+N, SNR, SINAD, Noise Level, IMD, Bandwidth, Crosstalk, peaks, harmonics, TD+N, DIM, Wow & Flutter, sound quality, phase spectrum, linear or circular auto/cross correlation, coherence function, transfer function, impulse response. Support 60 window functions & window overlap.
(3) Signal Generator: function/multitone/arbitrary waveform/burst tone/MLS/DTMF/musical scale/white noise/pink noise generation, frequency/amplitude sweep, fade in/out, AM/FM/PM modulation.
(4) Multimeter: voltmeter, sound pressure level meter(dB, dBA, dBB, dBC), frequency counter, RPM meter, counter, duty cycle meter, F/V converter, cycle mean/RMS, vibrometer.
(5) Spectrum 3D Plot: waterfall and spectrogram, support both Short-Time Fourier Transform and Cumulative Spectral Decay.
(6) Data Logger: long time data logging function for 226 derived variables, including RMS value, etc. Up to eight data logger windows can be opened and each window can trace up to 8 variables.
(7) LCR meter: It is used to measure the value of an inductor, a capacitor or a resistor, or the impedance of a network of them.
(8) Device Test Plan: It provides a mechanism for you to configure and conduct your own device test steps. It takes the advantage of the sound card's (or other ADC/DAC device's) capability of simultaneous input & output, to generate a stimulus to the Device Under Test (DUT) and acquire the response from that device at the same time. Different stimuli can be generated and the response can be analyzed in different ways.