Win.Privacy. What is it?
Microsoft released its new OS (Operating System). Windows 10. Almost every review regarding Windows 10, points out how perfect it is and deems it a next generation OS. We can't disagree that Windows 10 is actually a really efficient and a modern operating system. However, behind "the stage" it hides some secrets that the majority of the users cannot perceive.
To be more precise, Microsoft is "spying" on you. Everything you search or say(by using cortana) is being transferred to Microsoft. Which means that Microsoft has access to your computer at any time and of course it has access to see everything you do.
I should finally get to the point. I decided to create a tiny tool that actually blocks a decent amount of windows services which collect information about you. I am not going to assure you that after using my tool Microsoft won't have access to your personal data, since that would be a lie. However, I will try to develop Win.Privacy as much as I can and collect more and more Windows services that might be spying on you.
How to use Win.Privacy?
Win.Privacy's user interface is actually very simple and easy to use. The user only has to click one button to block the Windows services. After that, the user can click the button called "Open hosts File" to open the hosts file in order to check out the work that has been done by the program.
Here's a list of these 4 actions.
- Click "Fix Privacy Issues" button.
- Wait until it's done (Win.Privacy will write the hosts file. It won't take long).
- Click "Open hosts File" button to open the hosts file to inspect changes made. (Optional)
- Done! That's all.
More Options Available.
- Disable Windows Update Service.
- Disable Location.
- Disable Hibernate.
- Set Diagnostic and Usage Data to "basic".
- Block Windows Telemetry IPs. [With Windows Firewall]
- Disable Cortana.
- Disable Windows Error Reporting.
- Disable Windows 10 Services.