SafeFile is an easy-to-use program that allows you to create Safes using encryption for secure file, data and document storage. SafeFile prevents any user who does not know the Safe's password from being able to access any file placed inside the Safe. Even administrators in a business environment will not be able to view any files you store in SafeFile. If you work on a computer which is shared with other users, you can use SafeFile to store your files for total privacy. SafeFile looks and acts like Mac OS Finder, allowing you to comfortably use an already familiar user-interface. Simply drag and drop files into a Safe and the files will automatically be Encrypted. To retrieve any file, simply drag and drop the Encrypted file out of SafeFile and back onto your Desktop.
Mac OS X 10.2
Mac OS X 10.3
- Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- If you currently have Safes created with any previous version of SafeFile (including any beta versions), you must remove the contents of those Safes before you install SafeFile 2.1. Safes created with previous versions of SafeFile are not compatible with SafeFile 2.1. Please follow the procedure below to preserve data from existing Safes:
- Launch your current version of SafeFile.
- Drag the files out of your Safes.
- Quit SafeFile.
- Install SafeFile 2.1.
- Launch SafeFile.
- Verify that you are running version 2.1 of SafeFile by checking the "About SafeFile" menu item
- Create new Safes.
- Drag your files into your new Safes.
- Place the old Safes in the trash.