The NVIDIA 3D Stereo Driver, when used with compatible hardware, allows full-screen stereo1 viewing of many Direct3D or OpenGL based games. No other stereoscopic driver software is required.
When 3D games are played and the driver is enabled, the driver converts the image to 3D stereo and displays it on the screen. You can set up the driver to use either the page flipping or anaglyph method of stereo imaging. With compatible viewing hardware (such as 3D glasses), you?ll see the image with the perception of depth.
Stereo Separation Adjustment to suit individual adaptation to stereo viewing
Hot keys for in-game stereo control
3D Laser Sight for added realism in first-person shooter games
Stereo Test for determining the best screen mode to use
Custom Game Configurations for tailoring 3D stereo to a wide range of games
The NVIDIA 3D Stereo Driver also includes functions for viewing still images in stereo.
Stereo Image Capture Utility takes a screen shot of a stereo game and stores the image on your hard driver.
Stereo Viewer Application takes any JPS, PNS, or H3D formatted image and displays the stereo image on the screen.
||3D Accelerator Card using chipsets from one of the following NVIDIA product families:
Multiscan monitor4 5capable of at least a 100 Hz vertical sync refresh rate at 640x480.
(For page flip stereo viewing.)
Windows? 2000, Windows? XP, Windows? 95, Windows 98, or Windows? Me, with DirectX 8 or later runtime installed.
The NVIDIA Detonator FX (v45.23) or later driver must be installed.
Compatible Stereoscopic Viewing System
- TNT (including any TNT2 and Vanta products)
- GeForce (including any GeForce256, GeForce2, GeForce3 and GeForce FX products.)
- GeForce2 Go and GeForce 4xxx Go products require an external monitor that meets the requirements for page flip stereo viewing.
- Quadro (including any Quadro2 or Quadro FX products)
- Quadro2 Go and Quadro4 GoGL products require an external monitor that meets the requirements for page flip stereo viewing.
- Page Flip Stereo - The NVIDIA 3D Stereo Driver can be used with a number of stereo eyewear models as well as certain auto-stereoscopic LCD or flat panel displays.
- Anaglyph Stereo - The NVIDIA 3D Stereo Driver can be configured for anaglyph stereo viewing. The default orientation and color is left-eye-red and right-eye-blue.