Do you ever forget to turn off your computer, so it ends up running all night? Or do you have a server which needs to be rebooted periodically, but it can only be done in the middle of the night when no one is using it? Or maybe your teenager stays up all night chatting in the Internet, and you want to make sure he/she goes to bed in a timely fashion. Purple Parrot System Shutdown will automatically shut down or restart the computer on a schedule you define.
Some additional features, many of which are unavailable on any other program, include the following:
(1) If your operating system is Windows NT or later, the shutdown scheduler can be set up as a service. In this way, the Purple Parrot System Shutdown can continue to execute even if a user does not sign on to the computer.
(2) Password security can be defined to prevent users from stopping a scheduled shutdown, changing the program's options and shutdown schedule, or turning off the scheduler.
(3) The ability to maintain your computer clock's accuracy can be established by synchronizing with an Internet time server. In this way, you can further prevent tampering with the program's shutdown process by stopping users from manually adjusting the clock.
(4) The program can be set up to continue shutting down Windows for a maximum of 24 hours after a scheduled shutdown. This ability prevents someone from circumventing an enforced shutdown by simply turning the computer back on.
(5) A scheduled shutdown event, when the execution time arrives, can be delayed for up to 2 hours. This feature can be especially useful if, for example, your teenager needs to continue working long enough to finish a homework assignment, but you don't want to cancel the scheduled shutdown altogether.
(6) A warning period of up to 10 minutes can be set, giving plenty of warning before the computer shuts down or restarts. In this way, work can be completed before the cutoff time. Or, if appropriate and allowed by security settings, the scheduled shutdown/restart event can be delayed or canceled.
||Free to try
Windows Server 2008