Monitor Control is an easy to use tool to turn off monitor display, or turn off monitor display and lock the workstation\computer simultaneously. This software was originally developed in order to save laptop battery life, but is also suitable for desktop monitors that have no power button, or have a hard-to-reach power button.
With Monitor Control, you can turn off the monitor using the shortcut "Turn Off the Monitor" (Free Version) in the start menu, and use the shortcut "Monitor Off & Lock Screen"(Free Version and Donate Version) to turn off monitor display and lock the workstation. (Computers without a password will go to the logon screen if this functionality is used.)
For Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, the installer wizard will also install the shortcut commands mentioned above in the context menu. That way you can turn off the monitor using the context menu. The context menu is launched by clicking the right button of the mouse.
For XP users, even though context menu is not supported, an easy way to access the commands is to pin the program shortcuts to start menu. Alternatively, these shortcuts can also be accessed through the Quick Launch toolbar, if you have it activated. Users of Windows Vista or above can do the same things XP users do as well.
The free version comes with only the "Turn Off the Monitor" function. The donate version comes with the following extra functions:
1. "Monitor Off & Lock Screen" in context menu;
2. Add Turn Off the Monitor Menu - Add the "Turn Off the Monitor Menu" option back to context menu;
3. Add Monitor Off Lock Screen Menu - Add the "Monitor Off Lock Screen" option back to context menu;
4. Hide Turn Off the Monitor Menu - Hide the "Turn Off the Monitor Menu" option from context menu;
5. Hide Monitor Off Lock Screen Menu - Hide the "Monitor Off Lock Screen" option from context menu;
By using Monitor Control, you can save electricity and help make a greener Earth!
Windows Server 2008