FiO boards and RapidSTM32 Blockset is for anyone who needs to make use of an embedded system, a kind of a miniature computer on a single piece of Printed Circuit Board (PCB), but don't know how to or do not want to write a low-level program for it.
Basically, the tool suite allows users to do one of the following tasks very easily:
1. Bring in real-time data from any kind of sensors into Matlab/Simulink.
2. Control external hardware from Matlab/Simulink.
3. Perform open-loop and closed-loop hardware in the loop (HIL) simulation.
4. Create an intelligent embedded system for any kind of stand alone applications such as - a data logger system, Automatic/Intelligent/Automation control system, Signal processing system
RapidSTM32 Blockset can convert a Matlab / Simulink model to a working ARM Cortex - M3 core (STM32) embedded system in just a few mouse clicks. All that is needed include standard Matlab tool suite (Matlab/Simulink/Real-Time Workshop/Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder), RapidSTM32 Blockset, and FiO evaluation board. There is no need to write a single line of low-level C code.
RapidSTM32 Blockset also offers several Simulink blocks that simulate and generate code for most commonly-used embedded system add-on hardware modules such as 7/14/16 segments LED, character LCD, GPS NMEA parser module, SD card module etc.
For students and lecturers in Automatic Control System, Mechatronics, and DSP courses, RapidSTM32 Blockset offers students opportunities to learn about Rapid Prototyping and Model-based design using affordable hardware, to focus on the core concept and theories not low-level debugging, and, finally, apply in building their senior-year projects.
Academic users of the tool suite have found that:
1. It allows students to explore and test core concepts and theories very fast (rapid prototyping).
2. The blockset is very easy to use.
4. Visual Simulink Block Diagram approach increases learning efficiencies, students can see, follow, and explain the working of a system from a high-level overall system architecture.
Windows Server 2008
||Matlab 2009a, Simulink, Real-Time Workshop, Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder.