This software helps you find and handle (delete, send to the recycle bin or move to a folder) duplicates of files. In other words, if you have unneeded copies of files, WDD will find them and will help you clean them.
IMPORTANT for XP & Vista users: WDD requires the .NET Framework 4.0 (here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24872 )
Why use WeeDuplicateDetective?
* Its 100% free
* Its easy to use
- All you need is in one screen
- There's an integrated tutorial
- the user interface is organized like reading a book page: left to right and top to bottom
* It doesnt install any ads, malware or toolbars
* It presents the collected information efficiently
- Duplicates are shown as sub items of the first found occurence
* It gives you a lot of control over what you can do with the duplicates
- Combine many criteria defining what files should be considered as duplicates
- Search the list of duplicates to find specific items
- Mark the files that you want to clean up with a variety of selection schemes. Use the context menu for more options, applying to a specific item in the list.
- Sort the found duplicates in different ways, to get a better view of what you can / should clean
- Remove some specific items from the list of duplicates to get a better overview
- Some file types can even be previewed
-- pictures: JPG, GIF, TIFF, BMP and PNG
-- audio and video: everything Windows Media Player can play (MP3, WMA, MPG, AVI, MP4, etc.)
-- some text files
- Decide yourself how to clean the duplicates you want to be cleaned
* Its nice to look at
* Its nonetheless still fast
* Its evolving and maturing - Share your ideas for -- new features -- new user interface.
Windows Server 2008,
||.Net Framework 4.0