DBFree is a freeware Application Server expressly designed to build and run database web applications.
DBFree is built around the powerful MaxScript Interpreter that offers an Xbase, Clipper-like, programming language rich of features commands and functions for any and all web application purposes and can be used freely for both personal and commercial use.
DBFree is completely freeware: originally born to keep alive the art of programming and saving the beatiful Xbase language from oblivion is nowaday a good choice for creating web applications for Tablet ans small internet-capable devices.
Appropriate uses for DBFree:
- Run DBFree and DBMax web applications
- Run your own webserver from home or office through a cheap consumer-level ADSL connection.
- Build a portal for your own firm or for a small company you are employed in.
- Feed a centralized database from tablet or cell-phones capable of wap or internet connections.
- Collect data (like orders, inventory,support request) from remote offices of your company .
- Give web automation to your office by re-using existing equipments.
- Illustrate the basics of procedural programmings in schools
do whatever your imagination and programming skills make you bring to mind.
DBFree comes in different sub-versions, one for end-user or corporate power users and others for programmers (apprentices or experienced) or part-time developers, and in general to anyone willing to learn programming and building database driven applications for the web without get involved into complex database developing systems and huge APIs of today.
Windows Server 2008